Saturday, January 7, 2017

Publix Haul! And Sautéed Shrimp



So today I feel like I ate pretty well! I did have a baked potato with dinner, so that was quite a lot of carbs, but other than that, I didn't have any wheat so that's good. I went to the grocery store with my mom today, as me and my brother are at her house this weekend, so we bought everything we needed.

There is bread on the conveyor because my mom and brother still eat a little. We got a lot of food (meals for two days) and some snacks. I like to snack a lot, and I wanted to have some healthy snacks, so we got some apples, watermelon, and nuts.

When we got home, it was after 1 p.m. I got some shrimp at the seafood counter so I cut a few up and sautéed them in a pan with zucchini and this new garlic and herb butter from Kerrygold that I wanted to try. The butter really added some nice flavor.

After lunch I was kind of hungry so I had a handful of cashews and pecans, and then I had two small slices of watermelon and a couple slices of mozzarella cheese.

For dinner we had rotisserie chicken (Publix-made Mojo flavor) and my mom baked some potatoes. We also bought this salad mix called "Spring Mix" which is just basically spinach with some other very dark, leafy greens mixed in. It was pretty good. The potato filled me up really well and I wasn't really hungry for the rest of the night.

When I did get hungry I just had a handful of nuts again. (My hands are pretty tiny, so it ends up being about 8 nuts.) I almost forgot, I also had a few Hershey's Special Dark Kisses. They were just so good, I couldn't resist!

In total, I had 1510 calories, 103 g carbs, 92 g fat, and 83 g protein.

I actually ate quite a lot of fat today, and I want to keep that up. When I haven't had as many carbs I've noticed that I'm hungry again like, two hours later. But eating more fat and vegetables should help that. I mostly use carby foods like potatoes and rice as a substitute for all the wheat products I'm not having. So I want to cut back. (After I have GF spaghetti tomorrow, of course 😉 )

Alright people, Rock on! ✌
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment