Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The 80/20 Rule Tastes Good!

If you haven't heard of the 80/20 rule, let me explain. Basically it's the idea that if 80% of the time, you're eating Primal, the other 20% can be for indulgences that aren't strictly Primal. This is the explanation I like, and the one I'm using. I will get to the reason behind talking about this in a minute.

First off, I'm feeling a lot better already. I had a major headache today, but it was because I went to sleep at 1 a.m. last night and didn't wake up till around 10:30 this morning. I didn't sleep very well. But, I've noticed that I feel a lot better now than I did three days ago. I feel clearer, a little. And this is progress to me. I feel like I'm doing something good!

Today was pretty rainy so I didn't take a walk today either. But I'm going to get up tomorrow morning and go for a mile walk. And I'm gonna be happy about it.

So back to my meals for today! I ate breakfast for the first time in like, 3 days! I got Noosa yoghurt last night, and I had one of the cups with a couple slices strawberries. I like the vanilla kind, a lot of yoghurt is too tart for me. With strawberries it's even sweeter and it gives me a little bit more texture than just the yoghurt.

For lunch I cooked some kielbasa and sautéed zucchini with a little butter and teriyaki sauce. I was hungry after that so I ate a banana and a cheese stick. The banana was perfect! I love it when they're just a little underripe, they're nice and sweet and firm. I can't stand when they get ripe though! They taste very pasty to me and the texture changes. Not at all sweet! 😠  Now I just need to eat the rest of them before they turn...

For dinner I made beef stew with potatoes and carrots. This is why I mentioned the 80/20 rule. Because while potatoes aren't strictly Primal, I feel okay eating them and I needed something to fill me up. I went without rice (which we usually have under the stew) and just ate it on it's own. Which was so good! It didn't look very photogenic so I skipped the picture of it. (I like to mash the potatoes in it)

I knew the potatoes would add quite a few carbs, but I was full and satisfied for hours after I ate! Which hasn't really happened the past two days. I want to try to eat more carb-y veggies and maybe a potato or rice here and there. Just enough so I'm not hungry all the time.

We also made beef jerky today so I had some of that. I left it in the dehydrator a little too long, but it only made it crunchier. It'll all get eaten anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

In total, I ate 1436 calories, with 130 g carbs, 67 g fat, and 83 g protein.

Have an awesome day, and be excellent to each other 🎸
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment