Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 1


Hello all! Today was a pretty nice day, especially to start on paleo.

For breakfast, my dad took us out to Village Bread Cafe. I ate what I normally eat, which is the country breakfast, no bread, no hashbrowns. I got my bacon crispy and my eggs over easy. I also got fruit, but no melons. I am very shy and I didn't want to get into the whole ordeal of asking the waitress if their bacon was nitrate/nitrite (not sure which one... sorry) free. And what their eggs were cooked in, because they had some suspicious liquid around them. Not a lot, but enough to notice. I think it was probably cooking spray.

We finished eating around 11, so it was pretty much Brunch. I held off eating a snack until about 3:00, because there wasn't really anything lunch-y to eat in the kitchen. When I did eat, I cut up an apple, a banana, and 2 squares of 75% chocolate all together in a bowl. That's what the picture above is.

I also ran around outside a bit, but it was mostly just walking and trying to get my dog to chase me. I didn't count it as exercise on My Fitness Pal.

We went out to dinner at about 6:00, at Hurricane's Wings and Grill. I ordered 10 wings, and again, didn't bother to ask what they fry their wings in. I got them with the mild sauce, which I'm not sure what is in that either. I got a side of sweet potato fries, which were pretty good. They were more like a kid's side of fries in quantity, which I didn't mind because I could barely finish everything. However, I was hungry when we got home, so I ate a handful or so of cashews.

So, to sum up today, I think I did okay. I ate an approximate 1,241 calories, 102 g carbs, 29 g protein, and 70 g fat, 18 g of which  were saturated fat. I mostly ate at restaurants today, so I definitely need to reel it back, but I know they are where we eat most weekends. I need to do a better job of asking what is in my food, but I'm afraid I'll take too long ordering or something. I stayed away from breaded things, and wasn't really tempted by my brother's pancakes (bacon-loaded pancakes, which are good, I've tried them.) or my dad's french toast. Maybe I was a little tempted, but I mostly focused on my own meal, so it wasn't too bad. When I was hungry earlier, I just nearly avoided having chocolate milk. But I did.

All in all, I am excited for tomorrow and whatever it brings, and I'm excited for the rest of the week as well. I'm going to try to eat at home more often, and avoid restaurants that serve their food with or over rice.

ETA: I felt kind of sad after I posted this, and I'd not eaten much fat today, so I ate a hamburger I'd made yesterday with some mustard. I felt better after that, so I think it helped.

I look forward to "seeing" you tomorrow!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment